PT Mitra Keluarga Karyasehat Tbk Through its Subsidiary Buy RSIA Panti Abdi Dharma in Cirebon
Jakarta, April 24, 2020
PT Mitra Keluarga Karyasehat Tbk. through its subsidiary, PT Kasih Abdi Dharma, today announces the purchase of RSIA Panti Abdi Dharma in Cirebon, West Java.
RSIA Panti Abdi Dharma is a Mother and Child Hospital that located in the city of Cirebon, West Java. The hospital was established in 1968 and managed by Yayasan Santo Dominikus Abdi Dharma. This hospital has total capacity of 35 operational beds and facilities such as 24-hour emergency room, Pharmacy, Midwifery Clinic, Children's Clinic, and General Clinic. This Hospital also served patients from Universal Healthcare Coverage Program (BPJS Kesehatan).
With the purchase of this hospital will further strengthen Mitra Keluarga's business portfolio and existence in the different geographical focus.
Transaction Highlights :
Date of event
April 24, 2020
Type of Information or Materiality Facts
Purchase of Hospital Land, Buildings and Assets
Detail of Information or Materiality Facts
1. Based on notarial deed no 24 dated April 24, 2020, made before Notary Yudi Takarada, S.H. in Cirebon, West Java, the Company through its subsidiary PT Kasih Abdi Dharma gradually purchases Land, Buildings and Assets from the Abdi Dharma Mother and Child Hospital for a total value of Rp 35,000,000,000 (Thirty Five Billion Rupiah),
2. The details of the transaction for the purchase of land, buildings and other assets are as follows:
a. 70% or Rp. 24,500,000,000 (Twenty-Four Billion Five Hundred Million Rupiah) using PT Kasih Abdi Dharma's cash originating from paid up capital and previously placed.
b. 30% or IDR 10,500,000,000 (Ten Billion Five Hundred Million Rupiahs) from the issuance of new shares in PT Kasih Abdi Dharma under Yayasan Santo Dominikus Abdi Dharma.
3. After the signing of the Issuance of New Shares Deed (point 3.b), the shareholders of PT Kasih Abdi Dharma are as follows:
· PT Rumah Kasih Indonesia with 2,449 shares or 69.97% ownership.
· PT Karunia Bunda Setia with 1 share or 0.03% ownership.
· Yayasan Santo Dominikus Abdi Dharma with 1,050 shares or 30% ownership.
Impact of events, information or material facts on operational activities, law, financial conditions or business sustainability of the issuer or public company
In the long term, the company can improve overall performance and strengthen the company's presence in regions with a new focus area.
Mitra Keluarga Karyasehat Tbk. at a glance
The Company built its first hospital back in 1989 and currently owns and operates 24 hospitals, sixteen of which are located in the Greater Jakarta area, four in West Java, three in Surabaya (East Java), and one in Tegal (Central Java) Normally, the hospitals are equipped with emergency rooms, outpatient clinics, inpatient wards, operating rooms, intensive care units and a pharmacy, as well as laboratory and radiology facilities. The hospitals also offer specialized services such as obstetrics, pediatrics, internal medicine, angioplasty, orthopedic surgery and neurosurgery, amongst others.
From its humble beginnings, The Company has transformed into one of Indonesia’s biggest private hospital operators by an intake of 2.8 million patients in 2019 and in terms of hospital bed capacity with 2,876 operational beds as of December 31, 2019
The Company employed more than 7,794 medical professionals including doctors, laboratory staff, nurses and therapists with around 1,251 specialists practicing in all of its hospitals by 2019.
The Company successfully listed its shares in the Indonesia Stock Exchange on March 24, 2015. With 18.0% free-float, the Company has a market capitalization of IDR 28 trillion as of December 31, 2019. (IDX:MIKA).